Release notes for version 1.4
Release notes for version 1.3.
Regexp? is now exported from the
- SRFIs 4, 39, 40, 43, 43, 60, 61, 63, 66, 67, 71, 78
(mostly thanks to David Van Horn)
- In the command processor, switches were generalized to
settings, specifically to customize various printing
parameters. See the manual for details.
- A generic byte-code parser was added to the system; the
disassembler uses it.
reinitializers for register actions to be
performed after resuming an image was added.
variable-arguments-lists structure implementing a macro
for dealing with optional default parameters was added.
get-interrupt-handler procedure was added.
--enable-universal-binary option was added to configure
to facilitate building universal binaries on Mac OS X.
(thanks to Eric Knauel)
- The C code now has access to enum sets.
File-options (in the POSIX libary) are now enum sets; this
allows using enum-set operations on them.
- Various changes were made to the VM to enable native-code
- Socket addresses are always reusable.
- 1+ and 1- are no longer valid identifiers.
- The ordering of in/out thunks of
dynamic-wind was changed to
be consistent with itself and with the upcoming R6RS.
- The Windows build is now done using Visual Studio 2005.
- Bug fixes:
- Macro-defining macros now work in PreScheme.
- Opening a file for both read and write via the POSIX
libraries wouldn't work correctly. (Reported by Andreas
copy-memory! now works for overlapping regions.
- Various C compilation problems were fixed.
- cmuscheme48.el should now work under GNU Emacs as well as
- Numerous problems with floating-point arithmetic were fixed.
- A race condition with queues was fixed. (thanks to David
- Part of script messages were printed on stdout rather than
stderr; fixed. (thanks to Andreas Rottmann)
- A shadowing bug in the
debugging package was fixed. (thanks
to Taylor Campbell)
- A bug in the CML
sync-group primitive was fixed. (thanks to
- Various errors in SRFI 13 were fixed.
- A bug in the auto-integrator was fixed. (thanks to Taylor
- A bug in
load-dynamic-externals was fixed. (thanks to
- Several bugs in
vector-merge were fixed. (reported by
- The CML
wrap was made correctly tail-recursive. (reported
by Heath Putnam)
- A bug in the PreScheme C backend, that would sometimes
incorrectly delete tail calls without a return value, was
fixed. (reported by Eric Merritt)
- Several bugs in interface walking were fixed. (reported by
- A bug in the PreScheme compiler affecting the removal of
unused procedures was fixed. (thanks to Eric Knauel)
- Some precedence bugs in the C stubgs for the regexp code
were fixed. (thanks to Matthew Dempsky)
- A bug in the
regexps package for regexps without submatches
(set-current-proposal! (current-proposal)) no longer raises
an exception. (thanks to Taylor Campbell)
- A bug in package caching was fixed. (thanks to Taylor
- A bug in the generation of environment maps was fixed.
(thanks to Taylor Campbell)
- The Windows installer package should now work even on
systems that have delayed variable expansion on by default.
(thanks to Emilio Lopes)
- Exception handlers that return from
raise are now handled
correctly. (reported by Norbert Freudemann)