Release notes for version 1.7
Release notes for version 1.6.
- A new, experimental garbage collector written by David
Frese has been added. It can be enabled by specifying
--enable-gc=bibop on the configure command line. (It is
disabled by default on Unix, but enabled on Windows.)
DESTDIR support has been added to the Makefile (thanks to
Markus Weissmann, Ivan Shmakov, Will Job von Foo)
- Bug fixes:
- Ctrl-C now works more reliably on Windows.
- An I/O bug on Windows where an EOF on read would cause a
crash has been fixed. (reported by Christoph Bauer)
- A bug that would cause spurious deadlocks with the
interactive REPL was fixed.
- A bug where the last exception handler would get
de-installed has been fixed (reported by Emilio Lopes)
- A bug in
bytes->string-n that would cause it to break on
incomplete incodings was fixed (reported by Emilio Lopes)
Current-os-string-text-codec is now exported from
OS-STRINGS as documented (reported by Emilio Lopes)
- A bug where random text would be printed when a port was
closed by GC was fixed. (reported by Will Clinger)
- A bug in the UDP sockets was fixed.