Release notes for version 1.8
- An experimental framework for asynchronous events from external code was
added. It's now used for asynchronous host-name lookups on systems with
- Support for 64-bit architectures was added (thanks to Taylor Campbell,
Marcus Crestani, and David Frese)
- The installation now includes an (experimental)
scheme48-config script that reports C compiler and linker and
associated flags that may be used for compiling dynamic externals.
- The layout of the installed system now conforms to FHS.
- The old dynamic-loading code was removed; correspondingly, the
-o flag for scheme48vm was removed.
- The filename translations apply to dynamic externals as well.
- On Unix, the central event loop uses
poll() instead of
select() on systems that have it (thanks to Marcus Crestani)
- The external code for the POSIX libraries and SRFI 27 was moved to
dynamically-loaded externals. (Cygwin support for this thanks to Harald
- Bug fixes:
- A bug in the division simplifier of the PreScheme compiler was fixed.
- The PreScheme compiler can now emit code for unsigned longs.
- The implementations of SRFI 19 and SRFI 42 now include the latest fixes
from the reference implementations.
- A race condition in the implementation of queues was fixed.